Saturday, January 22, 2011

Admiral Viceroy Of Interpretive Dancing

Welcome to the First Utilitarian Church of Knowledge. I recently left my post as Dean of Flamenco Dancing, of which, I had served long and hard. Regrettably I had been reprimanded one too many times for reinterpreting those beautiful and structured dances. I yearned for more. More expression, more freedom, more tolerance of unrestricted movement. I was asked to remove the taps from my shoes, however I was able to keep the fan. Humbled I walked the Texas woods in search of inspiration and belonging. It was hot and I was fanning myself like crazy when suddenly I felt the need to express my situation through interpretive dance. It was at that moment when Rev. Sanders happened by. So touched and moved by the pureness of my actions he welcomed me into the First Utilitarian Church of Knowledge where I was ceremoniously appointed Admiral Viceroy Of Interpretive Dancing. I encourage freedom of movement and expression every day. Dance for joy, dance for the blues, dance for yourself, just keep dancing.
Dancing is free and it cures almost everything. Until then......... be safe and spontaneous.

1 comment:

  1. When I first came upon Ms. La Roux dancing in the forest I suspected I had lost my senses or perchance had come upon some fairy goddess.

    We are honored that Ms. La Roux has joined our humble church and she is enlightening us all in search of exactly what it means to have "More expression, more freedom, more tolerance of unrestricted movement."

    She wears her title of Admiral Viceroy Of Interpretive Dance with grace and poise.

    ReplyDelete